Monday, November 21, 2011

My Craft Spot Ch #34 - Homemade Flower Power

Goodmorning!  It's Monday but a short week Monday...woohoo!!  No long work week here!  This week at My Craft Spot we are showing off our Handmade Flower Power!  The challenge is to include at least one handmade flower in your project!  I had a hard time deciding wether I wanted to share a handmade paper flower or ribbon flower but in the end the Crinkle Ribbon Flower won!

I made a card for one of the women who takes care of our areas Girl Scouts.  I wanted to get my Oldest E involved in Daisies earlier but it hasn't happened with all the chaos this fall!  Hopefully it will happen next year!  I found this absolutely adorable La-La Land Scout Marci Stamp and had to have it!
Here is a close-up of my Homemade Flower Power!  I knew I had to go with a ribbon flower because my paper flowers are pitiful compared to the beautiful ones the other ladies make with that flower shoppe cart (on my wishlist)!! 

The crinkle ribbon ones are easy to make.  I sewed down the length of the Hot Pink ribbon with my sewing machine but you can do it by hand too, then I pulled the strings tight to gather it. 

I punched out a 1 1/4" circle (I decided not to use the button sitting there).

Then I adhered the gathered crinkle ribbon to the circle by starting on the outside and working my way in.

Added a rhinestone (yes my poor neglected stash of them) and I stapled a curl of Olive Green Crinkle Ribbon for the leaves.  I adhered that to the back of the circle with a glue dot and viola...a beautiful Handmade flower!


Please come show off your Handmade Flower Power this week at My Craft Spot!  Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

artfuldelight said...

I LOVE your ribbon flower!!! Your card is fabulous. :-)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Amber what an adorable flower!
Hope you and family are keeping well
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Kate said...

So Cute. I love the flower. Thanks for the idea.

Hugs,
Kate

Kate said...

What a sweet card - and your ribbon flower looks amazing, Amber! Your instructions make it sound so easy - but I'm still afraid to give it a go!

Jovan said...

I love the flower! This card is so sweet!

DIANA L. said...

Super cute love the card and the flower is very pretty.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Love your flower Amber,it's totally fabulous.
Jayne x

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

I'm so glad you shared how to make this beautiful flower... Your card is just lovely!

Missy said...

This is so cute Amber your flower is incredible!!

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute Amber! LOVE the flower:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cricut Couple said...

Gorgeous! Love that flower!!!

JulieK said...

Hi Amber! Just wanted to stop by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a great day!