I made my sign to celebrate the seasons of the year! My inspiration came from my favorite patient from when I did my nursing school rotation at the nursing home. She was a dear woman and very attentive to details. What stuck in my head was the tiny tree decorated for every holiday that she prominently displayed on her table and changed out with each season! She made sure everyone who walked in, saw that adorable tree! God Bless her! She always reminded me of what I'm sure I will be like when I'm old! So here is what I created in her memory!
These are all on one 12" x 24" sign! Each of the seasons are mounted individually and have a velcro strip on the back. That way the recipient can pull off the ending season and easily hang the upcoming season!
I added a simple folder to the back of the sign to hold the
off-seasons! That way they do not get lost!
The sign is constructed on the cardboard backing of the 12x24 paper pad. I wanted to make sure it was sturdy enough to hang for the entire year. The sign hangs from twine and can easily be hung on a door or wall. I reinforced the holes with jumbo eyelets so the twine doesn't tear through over time.
I promise, it does look a lot better in person! I do have to admit that I ran out of time with this project. I wish I had more time to execute my idea. I think we all run into that from time to time. I'm sure someone will appreciate the time and love that went in to it anyway!
So, who wants some Blog Candy? These are the generous sponsors for our blog hop and what they are giving away for prizes...
- Patsy from the Prairie Bird Boutique http://www.etsy.com/shop/prairiebirdboutique-
Your choice of one bundle of Shabby Crinkle Ribbon
- Babbette from The Kraft Outlet http://www.kraftoutlet.com/store/Default.asp-
The Kraft Outlet has generously donated their “Inspiration Play Pack”; This is a collection of The Kraft Outlet's top selling items valued at over $45. The play pack comes with 10 yards each of the red and brown baker’s twine, an assortment of 50 of the plain and grungy tags, an 8 sheet assortment of their cardstock and text weight papers, an 8 envelope assortment, one sheet of Kraft labels, a set of their vintage dictionary pages, 1 yard of black twill tape and a CD full of 100 graphics and backgrounds.
In addition the Kraft Outlet is offering 10% off all purchases made during the ENTIRE month of July. All you need to do is enter the code JULY10 at checkout.
- The grand prize for the blog hop is a Gypsy, donated by Stephanie. In order to qualify for the grand prize you must leave a comment on each of the designers blogs. At the end of the hop please return back to the Whimsical Wednesday Blog to leave a comment saying that you finished the hop and left a comment under all our post. The blog hop will run through Sunday and end at Midnight.
I also have some very special blog candy for you! My dear friend Kimberly from My Craft Spot has donated a stamp set for one lucky winner! Kimberly has an amazing selection of clear stamps, hand dyed crinkle ribbon and baker's twine and here is what she is sharing with you...
You have a chance to win Sweet Sentiments - Set #1 (which is my favorite stamp set)! If you look through my blog, you'll see that I use it ALL THE TIME!! I know you'll love it too! Thank you Kimberly!!
MY BLOG CANDY RULES:
- To be eligible for my blog candy, you must leave a comment telling me what your favorite season of the year is!
- You do not need to be a follower, but I would love it if you want to be one!
- Because I appreciate my awesome friends (aka followers) and the support they show me, my followers may have an extra chance to win my candy! You may add a second comment letting me know that you are a follower (old and new)!
- Make sure you stop by and check out My Craft Spot!
- You have until Tuesday night to enter for my candy. I will be announcing the winner during my very first Whimsical Wednesday Design Team post on Wednesday morning, so stop back to see if you have won!
Here is the line-up just in case you get lost along the way...
8. Melanie <Your next stop
19. Whimsical Wednesday
19. Whimsical Wednesday