Monday, January 3, 2011

Confessions of a Paper Hoarder

"Hello, my name is Amber and I am a Paper Hoarder."  Yes, I like so many other Papercrafters have a bit of a problem.  I can't help it, but I LOVE PAPER!  Whenever anyone asks me what I would like for my birthday, holiday, etc, my reply is PAPER...  Then I get the look.  That puzzling look of "what is wrong with this woman?"  Paper makes me happy, it is pretty, and I would love to fill my entire scrap area with it.  My problem is that I sometimes have a hard time using it.  It is not that I can't come up with a way to use it, because believe me, there is never a shortage of projects I am working on.  It is that I am always afraid once I cut it, I will want it for something else and I will not have it.  This was the biggest clincher in my NEED to purchase the Imagine the morning it launched on HSN (I was one in the first 200 sold as it hit the air on Sept 14 - Thank you Hubby)!
Anyway, my husband had put me spending freeze over the summer and I was desperately wanting to buy the Bo Bunny Sun-Kissed Paper Line.  He said I needed to use up what I had.  GASP...I really, really wanted a sheet of Sun Kissed Adventure so I decided I would make it myself! 

I used We Are Memory Keepers paper.  I believe most of it came from the Over the Rainbow Pad.  This made all the edges look uniformly distressed (Yes I also have a small OCD problem).  I sponged the sun and the rays using SU Crushed Curry and the tree plus sentiment were cut from Tinkerbell.  I showed my hubby and he thought it looked great.  Then I told him I had to use 10 sheets of paper to make this one page so I would need to replace them now.  He laughed at me.  He may not understand it but at least he supports it!

1 comments:

Savahanna said...

Haha You are soo funny. As I am reading this I am thinking oh my I am such a paper hoarder too. And once I use some paper I have an itch to go buy more. And believe me it does not go away until some are bought. I love the LO. the colors are gorgeous and that tree. I cannot get over the tree. I love it