Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inking it Up Crazy Birthday Week

Goodmorning my crafty friends!  I was so, so excited when my very talented friend Kassidy invited me to join her and her friends as a Guest Designer for Birthday Week at Inking it Up Crazy!  She is celebrating all week long with inspiration for everything birthday related!  Come check out all the creative projects all this week!

  I was asked to create a Birthday Favor for Birthday Week!  I had summer swimming parties on my mind so I created a personalized sand bucket/beach towel favor!
 My middle E is lucky enough to have a summer birthday and after attending her BFFs Pink Flamingo Party last month, she put in her request for a Pink Flamingo Birthday Party!  I am so excited I get to re-create all the fun (not to mention the cute LO I made for her friend, SEE HERE
I love how easy and fun it is to work with vinyl!  I order mine from Expression Vinyl and for this project I use the outdoor vinyl (because the buckets are going to be spending a lot of time in water).  When cutting vinyl, you need to have your Cricut set at Speed 3, Pressure 3, and your Blade set at 3.  You want to cut the vinyl and not the backing. 
 Set up your vinyl on a very tacky mat and start cutting.  After cutting, I trim away the un-cut areas of vinyl so I can use it again. 
Peel off the portion of vinyl that is not part of your cut image making sure you get all those holes and slivers.  Use your choice of transfer paper to pick up the individual cuts and carefully layer them.
 Then apply them evenly to the bucket.
 I turn off the Paper Saver for my lettering because then you can easily pick up the names in one, even shot and apply them!
Of course, I am never happy with what I make so I had to move my letters around several times. 
 Add a Thank You Tag, fill your bucket and you've got yourself a cute Birthday Favor!
Products Used:
  • Bucket from Michael's
  • Towel from Target
  • Vinyl from Expression Vinyl
  • Life is a Beach Cricut Cartridge
  • Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cricut Cartridge
  • Stampin' Up! CS, Ribbon and Family Phrases Stamp Set
Thanks for stopping by!  Please join us at Inking it Up Crazy for a fun Birthday week! Kassidy has a whole team of awesome Designers lined up to share their Birthday creations!  Thanks Kassidy!


2 comments:

Scrappymama Elaine said...

What a great idea! Love it! It's my turn tomorrow. Hope you stop by and say hi.
Esigmon at cox dot net

Missy said...

This is darling!! Thanks for giving the directions for how you did it!!