Friday, February 11, 2011

Birthday Tutu

Today I wanted to share one of my other crafty passions.  Being a house full of little girls, WE LOVE A GOOD TUTU!!  In my first years of Mommyhood, I used to buy tutus for my daughter and they are not cheap.  They were however made very cheaply and never lasted more then a month or two.  Enter child #2, another little girl and I decided I would never pay for a tutu again!  So I bought a bunch of tulle and we now make our own, ones that can get used hard and still stay together.  For Christmas this past year, I made tutus for every little girl on our gift list.  My daughters put special orders in for the new ones they wanted but I kept telling them that we were making them for their friends/family.  They were bummed because they wanted a new one soooooo bad!  I did of course make them each one on Christmas Eve, so they were thrilled Christmas morning to each receive one in their special order colors!  I do not have the pictures of them together in them, but I will post it once I get the pics from my sister. 
Well, tonight we have a Birthday Party for a little girl in one of my daughter's preschool class.  Yesterday when I asked my daughter what she wanted to get her, she said she wanted to make her a tutu!  Despite being very short on time and tulle, I was able to whip this one up for the birthday girl!
 



Of course my oldest had to model it for everyone!  This is my favorite style to make.  I have found that tying off the ends keeps them from fraying and I think it really gives it a pixie look!  I'm not sure if Craft Us Crazy is still running the Anything Goes Challenge but I will try to link this.  I'm off to make a card for the Birthday Girl.  Have a great day! 

6 comments:

MaryB said...

Oh my goodness, this is just too cute. Little girls are so much fun. I know her friend loved this gift. Great job.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy. Please come again.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

How darling!!!!!! Love it & love the way you tied it. Very pretty & colorful. And your little one is just darling.
Thanks so much for joining us at the Craft Us Crazy challenge blog.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Savahanna said...

This is soo adorable. Along with the other ideas you gave me for my little girl's party I am going to make her a tutu too. I will post pics soon. So adorable. And thanks for playing with us at Craft Us Crazy.

~Jeri~ said...

How adorable!!! How I wish I would've had a girl!! I don't think my boys will dress up in a tutu, but I guess I could try lol Although they are 17 and 19 so I may have to get the duct tape and rope out lol

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope you'll join us again!

4kids4 said...

What a wonderful gift for a little girl! My daughter would love to receive one of these! Great idea to tie the ends together...they do look pixie-like...so cute! TFS! And thanks for the nice note you left on my blog! :-)

~Sharon C.
http://inthebigbluehouse.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cute! What little girl wouldn't love to twirl and bounce around in such an adorable tu tu. I am a new follower.

papercompulsions.blogspot.com