Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Groundhog's Day and Happy Birthday to Me!!

Today Phil the Groundhog did not see his shadow which means he is predicting Spring will be here soon!!  With all the ice around here I am not surprised but Thank You Phil!  In honor of my special friend whom I will forever share this special day with, I made a "Spring is in the air" card.  I knew as soon as I saw Cooking with Cricut's Shadow challenge that I needed to enter it! 

You may recognize the backdrop from my daughter's BDay invitations.  I'm recycling the leftovers but I think it worked perfect!  I also used one of Emma's new stamps from her Color Me Happy set found at http://www.creativetimeforme.com/  They are wonderful!!!  I tried sponging shadows around my cut images using the cut sheet.  I did not get the effect I wanted so I also added a lot of dimension so I could get some good shadows.  All the paper is Stampin' UP!, butterflies are a Stampin' UP! Embosslit, cricut cartridges used where Create A Critter and Country Life and I also used Peachy Keen's Critter Face stamp.  Again, sorry for the terrible picture.  My new part for my laptop was shipped but is sitting at the hub in Chicago (it may be there for awhile).   Thanks for stopping by today and remember, SPRING IS COMING!!


This card was a Top 3 Pick at Cooking with Cricut

8 comments:

Jean said...

Very cute, love the groundhog. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Melinda Beltran said...

What a darling card! I love all the detail and dimension! I am your newest follower and looking forward to seeing more of your great creativity! Thank you so much for playing along with us at CWC! Melin...CookingWithCricut.com

Jen said...

Awesome card, Amber! So much detail and super cute. Your little groundhog is adorable! Thanks for joining in on our "shadowy" challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut.

~ Jen, CWC Design Team

Maria Elena said...

Amber what a super cute card !!! Looks so real that setting, great job ! (and I love your Hello Kitty pic in your profile!)
Thanks for playing this week at CWC
Have a great Thursday ;-)
Maria Elena - CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Robyn said...

Congratulations!

You won My Pink Stamper stamp set Love-alicious! I just need you to send your mailing address to mypinkstamper@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Robyn

Norma said...

Congrat on winning the My Pink Stamper stamps you will love them!! Adorable card!!
Hugs,
Norma

Melissa said...

Your card is adorable ~ love all the detail you put into it. Thanks for joining us at Cooking with Cricut :) Melissa ~ CWC DT

Anita said...

Love this card!! Nice job! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with cricut! See ya next week! Anita